auto insurance
We switched and never looked back

Auto Insurance

Get a Quote

Every type of personal Auto Insurance

If you drive a car, truck, motorcycle or any other motorized vehicle, we can help. As representatives for many of Canada’s leading auto insurance companies, we have several options available for coverage.

auto_carauto_bikeauto_vanauto_atv auto_snowmobile

Accidents or tickets on your record?
Don’t panic, we can help you get back on track. Give us a call and let us show you what we can offer!

Below is some handy information when considering your auto insurance.

Mandatory car insurance requirements include:

Third Party Liability: Pays for losses you are held legally responsible for while driving. Example: you injure another party or damage someone else’s property. This coverage pays for your legal defence is as well as any damage awards (up to the limit of the policy)

Statutory Accident Benefits: Pays for medical expenses, income replacement (up to a certain limit) and funeral expenses if you are killed in a car accident. These benefits are available regardless of who was at fault for the accident.

Optional Coverage:

Collision:pays for damage to your vehicle caused by collision with an object. If the accident is your fault, you will have to pay your deductible. If someone else is responsible, in most cases you will not have to pay your deductible. As your car gets older and depreciates some people will elect to delete collision, you then become responsible for any damages to your car if you are at fault in an accident.

Comprehensive: covers claims for losses other than collision such as broken glass, vandalism, fire and theft.

All Perils: This is a combination of collision and comprehensive all under one coverage.

Specified Perils: a very limited form covering fire & theft only.

Other:You may also purchase a number of other specific coverage’s, which are available based on your circumstances. Your Utter Morris broker will review these with you and make recommendations.

G1 – Beginners License; new driver must be accompanied by a fully licensed driver at all times. Advise your broker immediately about any new driver as we keep track of the time spent at the G1 level for graduated license premium discounts. No additional premium is charged at this time..

G2 – 1 year from the date of obtaining the G1 license or only 8 months if the driver has taken an approved driver training course, the new driver is eligible to take the G2 test. Upon completion the driver should be added to your policy and a premium will now be charged based on the vehicle that they will have access to.

G – 1 year after obtaining the G2 license, the driver is eligible to take the final G license test. It is advised that drivers proceed to the full G license as quickly as possible in order to obtain the best premium.

Driver Training: We strongly advise that all new drivers take a Driver Training Course. It is important to seek out a training facility that is approved by the ministry in order to be eligible for insurance discounts. Driver Training courses teach new drivers the proper techniques which will stay with them for their lifetime. In recognition of completion, the insurers offer discounts for the first 3 years, which more than offsets the cost of the course.

What Happens When You Have an Accident?

Your broker is your advisor; review all accidents with your broker prior to reporting a claim to the insurance company. If the accident is not your fault, your rates should remain the same. If the accident is your fault, how your rates are treated is dependant on your current driving record. Many companies now waive the first at fault accident for drivers who have been driving for the past 6 years accident free. In this case your rates would remain the same. A second at fault loss within a 6-year period can have a dramatic effect on your rates.

Deductibles; Your deductible is only applicable for at fault losses or hit and run accidents when you cannot identify the responsible party. Comprehensive claims, i.e. broken glass or vandalism does not affect your rates, but companies are concerned about frequency of claims and may increase deductibles

What Happens When You Get Tickets?

“I didn’t lose any points with a ticket, does it count”?

All your tickets count, any moving violation in the previous 3 years can affect your driving record. Even if you don’t lose points the ticket still counts.

Minor vs. major tickets; most insurers will continue to insurer you if you have 2-3 minor tickets in a 3-year period. These would include, speeding, seat belt, improper turn etc. If you have a major ticket such as careless driving, impaired driving, leaving the scene of the accident etc., your insurance will be transferred to a specialty / high risk market where the premiums are substantially higher.

The best insurance rates are reserved for the drivers without tickets!


If you'd like to know more about coverage for a car, motorcycle or recreational vehicle, one of our local insurance experts would be happy to help you.

Contact Us

Your Brokers. Your neighboUrs. Your friends.

Our people make the difference

Being a local brokerage means we're there when you need us. We work for you!
Meet our team.

  • Debbie Meijer
  • Mathew Kozokowsky
  • Sandy Davis
  • Neil McKendry